SUPER REGION PASSENGER RAIL CAN:
Provide major employers such as BASF Corporation, Shell Chemicals, WalMart, St. Elizabeth Hospital and LeBlanc’s Food Stores access to a labor pool of 758,000 people.
Expand access to and increase patronage of medical facilities, educational institutions, commerce centers and cultural assets such as the River Parishes Community College, Louisiana Technical College, St. Elizabeth Hospital, Tanger Outlet Mall, the Ascension Hot Air Balloon Festival, Cajun Village Fall Fest, Jambalaya Festival and the Swamp Pop Music Festival.
Attract new residents and support more active living choices for the more than 48,000 millennials and baby boomers living in Ascension Parish – groups with a demonstrated preference for housing options with access to transit, retail and walkable mixed-use neighborhoods.
Increase municipal revenues and reduce expenses by:
- Attracting commercial and residential development within
- incorporated areas surrounding the station
- Increasing local sales tax revenue
- Increasing property values
- Increasing visitor sales tax revenue
- Creating value capture opportunities in the station area